It’s a new year, and the Village is officially 5 years old. What a year it was for Atlanta Tech Village! We continue to see amazing growth in Atlanta and in our community. As we focus on the new year ahead, let’s take a quick nostalgic look back at 2017. Here are a few of our favorite things:
- $500M+ capital has been raised by Village startups.
- 49 Village startups achieved 6 Figures in Funding or ARR.
- 28 Village startups achieved 7 Figures in Funding or ARR.
- 3,500 jobs have been created through Village startups.
- 128 internal office moves were experienced as startups grew into and out of their office space.
- 364 people attended our 5th Annual Holiday Showcase featuring 15 of our hottest Village startups.
- 1 Diversity Ambassador was hired and we launched our #ItTakesAVillage campaign.
- 1,278 tweets were sent.
- 228 fitness classes were held in our gym and on the rooftop.
- 8 hackathons were hosted.
- 1,578 tours were given.
- 12 University Career Fairs were attended by Village staff to recruit top talent for Village startups
- 1 Coca-Cola free style machine was installed.
- 42 Retweets and 130 likes gave us our top tweet of the year.
- 102 new developers came out Village code school DigitalCrafts.
- 1 very awesome company graduated from the Village – Calendly.
- 518 events were hosted by our amazing events team.
- 33 highly curated Mentors and Advisors committed to serve Village entrepreneurs.
- 183 kegs of beer were consumed.
- 2,600 pounds of Octane coffee were purchased.
- 2 weddings were hosted at the Village.
- 37 events were hosted on our rooftop.
- 4,141 people attended our largest monthly pitch event – Atlanta Startup Village.
- 47 Startup Chowdowns were hosted and 12,379 meals were served to entrepreneurs.
- 1 “That 70’s Show” star visited the Village. Heeeyyy, Ashton Kutcher.
And it was all pretty darn awesome.
We are looking forward to 2018 and all the promise it holds for our Village family and the startup community of our great city. Keep dreaming big, Atlanta!