One of the hottest topics of conversation in the startup community is the lack of funds being available for women + minority led startups. Although raising funds may be difficult for majority of startup founders, the statistics indicate that there is a more challenging path for women and minority tech founders.
Finesse Your Funds is a panel discussion highlighting diverse founders who have hurdled the obstacles of raising funds by using non-traditional methods such as pitch competitions, initial coin offerings, crowdfunding, and grants to jumpstart their business.
Topics of Conversation:
- When you should start raising capital for your startup
- The variety of ways to raise capital
- Founders sharing their stories on raising funds as a woman and/or person of color
- Advice for rising founders looking to raise funds
- Chrissa McFarlane, Patientory
- Carlo Martinez, Stepping Blocks
- James Jones, RaceIQ
- Noelle London, Invest Atlanta
Visit bit.ly/FinesseYourFunds to RSVP!
Thursday, December 14th in the Community Center. Doors open at 6:30pm.
Complimentary drinks and light refreshments will be available.