Have an idea? Do you crave to build something? Each Thursday this summer, you will learn from the best in the industry about what it looks like to start your own company and how to do it well. The Village is all about growing startups in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide FREE training, support, and guidance to entrepreneurs. Let’s do this!
Customer Discovery with Jon Harmer
What will take your startup to the next level in terms of acquisition and revenue? What your end users want and need are sometimes two very different things. Learn how to focus on what provides immediate value for “Earlyvangelists” of your product or service, and how to make this an ongoing part of your business model.
Bio: Jon is a product manager at Google on the Google Cloud team, working with Google’s acquisitions and “other bets”. Previously at Google, Jon was on the Gmail team, where his team built platform and extensibility features that enabled 3rd parties to integrate with Google Workspace.
Jon has more than 20 years of experience at startups and midsized companies, mostly in the SaaS and online media spaces, was on the early team at Bioscape Digital and also co-founded LaaSer, a Techstars Atlanta ‘16 company. Jon has also been a mentor to startups through Google For Startups, Techstars, and Atlanta Tech Village.
Jon holds an MBA from The Goizueta Business School at Emory University, as well as a Bachelors of Science in Management from Georgia Tech.
Want to learn more about the other sessions? You can do that here:
- June 3rd – Intro to Entrepreneurship with India Hayes
- June 10th – Customer Discovery with Jon Harmer
- June 17th – Creating an MVP with Don Pottinger
- June 24th – Marketing 101 with Alan Woodruff
- July 1st – Sales 101 with David Kurkjian
- July 8th – Creating Your Culture with Megan Mountain
- July 15th – Startup Legal with Nick Foreste
- July 22nd – Funding 101 with Kim Seals
- July 29th – Pitching with Jacey Lucus