Have an idea? Do you crave to build something? Each Thursday this summer, you will learn from the best in the industry about what it looks like to start your own company and how to do it well. The Village is all about growing startups in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide FREE training, support, and guidance to entrepreneurs. Let’s do this!
Creating Your Culture with Megan Mountain
Culture is king and in the world of startups, a lack of defined culture can negatively impact your success. A Founder is the creator and keeper of how others experience your company. Laying down a foundation for your team includes a deep understanding of and the ability to articulate your “why”. Learn how to develop a vision, mission statement, and core values, as well as how to not just manage your team, but lead them with focus, passion, and alignment.
Bio: In her current role at Paya, Megan Mountain serves as Director, Product where she brings new technologies to market by leading product strategy and global cross-functional teams. Megan is passionate about empowering women and young professionals; this is demonstrated in her dedication to Women In Technology (WIT) where she serves on the forums committee and Women’s Networking in Electronic Transactions (wNet) where she serves as a Member Ambassador. Megan holds a BSBA in Business Administration and Management from Shippensburg University.
Want to learn more about the other sessions? You can do that here:
- June 3rd – Intro to Entrepreneurship with India Hayes
- June 10th – Customer Discovery with Jon Harmer
- June 17th – Creating an MVP with Don Pottinger
- June 24th – Marketing 101 with Alan Woodruff
- July 1st – Sales 101 with David Kurkjian
- July 8th – Creating Your Culture with Megan Mountain
- July 15th – Startup Legal with Nick Foreste
- July 22nd – Funding 101 with Kim Seals
- July 29th – Pitching with Jacey Lucus