Have an idea? Do you crave to build something? Each Thursday this summer, you will learn from the best in the industry about what it looks like to start your own company and how to do it well. The Village is all about growing startups in Atlanta. Our mission is to provide FREE training, support, and guidance to entrepreneurs. Let’s do this!
Startup Legal with Nick Foreste
It is imperative that a company’s legal affairs are in order, particularly for an emerging growth company that is likely to face increasingly intense due diligence in connection with its capital raises and its ultimate exit event. The session will address the key issues facing startups, provide expert advice on how to avoid and troubleshoot the common pitfalls, and discuss best practices for structuring your startup for longevity and profitability.
Bio: Nick is a corporate attorney at Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP, with a legal practicing focusing on venture capital and mergers & acquisitions. Nick serves in a de-facto general counsel capacity to many technology companies and tech-focused funds throughout the country. Nick previously co-founded a small technology startup and enjoys leveraging that experience, together with his legal expertise, to support emerging technology companies throughout their corporate life cycles: from formation and early stage funding to growth equity financings, acquisitions, and exits.
Want to learn more about the other sessions? You can do that here:
- June 3rd – Intro to Entrepreneurship with India Hayes
- June 10th – Customer Discovery with Jon Harmer
- June 17th – Creating an MVP with Don Pottinger
- June 24th – Marketing 101 with Alan Woodruff
- July 1st – Sales 101 with David Kurkjian
- July 8th – Creating Your Culture with Megan Mountain
- July 15th – Startup Legal with Nick Foreste
- July 22nd – Funding 101 with Kim Seals
- July 29th – Pitching with Jacey Lucus