It Takes A Village is Atlanta Tech Village’s diversity and inclusion initiative which emphasizes the importance of supporting diverse perspectives and inclusive work environments in technology. We believe an entire community with different skill sets, backgrounds, and cultures is needed to produce the most productive and innovative companies.
We pledge to have honest and open conversations about how we can work together to support startups and organizations led by women and people of color. From this pledge, our Pre-Accelerator was born.
Atlanta Tech Village’s It Takes A Village Pre-Accelerator Program gives startups led by women and people of color the opportunity to gain direct access to community, education, mentorship, and capital.
This program is a pre-accelerator that will help diverse founders hurdle any obstacles preventing them from getting to the next level by providing space to work with like-minded individuals, advice from seasoned professionals, and educational workshops to strengthen skills.
At the end of this 4-Month Program our goal is to get participating startups a seed investment, pilot with an enterprise company, and/or spot in an accelerator program.
- Mentorship – Gain valuable information and feedback from Atlanta Tech Village’s mentors and advisors on a weekly basis.
- Exposure – Give you the opportunity to advance your company by tapping into Atlanta Tech Village’s extensive network.
- Validation – Help you find product market fit through a series of Lesson Labs led by startup experts.
Graduation Party 🎉
In conclusion of the program, we celebrate participating Founders who have successfully graduated from the program with pitches in front Atlanta’s startup ecosystem while giving startups the opportunity to demo their products.
Founders will get 3 minutes to pitch and a designated table for attendees to mix and mingle with potential customers, investors, and tech influencers in the southeast. We also have a pretty darn good time.
Check out all the graduates from the Pre-Accelrator. Combine this group has generated $480K+ in seed investments and generated $1.9M in revenue.
|Carolyn||Pitt||Film Connx LLC|
|Ifrah||Khan||Usit – On Demand Babysitting App|
|Danielle||Major||Smart Convos, Inc.|
|Justina||Olatunde Davis||Omode’ Play and Create|
Eligibility for this program:
- Woman or Person of Color
- Have a functional product: MVP, beta or launched (Past idea stage)
- Raised less than $150K
- Technology focused company with proprietary software
- Work from the Village a minimum of 2 Days a week
- No A$$holes – kind and supportive people only
- Community of like-minded entrepreneurs
- Membership at Atlanta Tech Village
- Mentorship and Advisement
- Lesson Labs: Rich curriculum centered around in depth topics relating to growing a sustainable business
- In-Depth Customer Discovery Curriculum
- Amenities: Events, fitness gym, Free weekly lunches, 24/7 Access to the building
Spring ’20 Cohort Schedule
|Applications Open||November 19th|
|Applications Close||January 6th|
|Founders Selected||January 24th|
|Start of Program||February 7th|
|Graduation Party||May 28th|
Fall ‘20 Cohort Schedule
|Applications Open||May 28th|
|Applications Close||July 10th|
|Founders Selected||July 17th|
|Start of Program||July 31st|
|Graduation Party||November 19th|