Atlanta Tech Village’s It Takes A Village Pre-Accelerator Program gives startups led by women and people of color the opportunity to gain direct access to community, education, mentorship, and capital.
This program is a pre-accelerator that will help diverse founders hurdle any obstacles preventing them from getting to the next level by providing space to work with like-minded individuals, advice from seasoned professionals, and educational workshops to strengthen skills.
At the end of this 6-Month Program our goal is to get participating startups a seed investment, pilot with an enterprise company, and/or spot in an accelerator program.
Mentorship – Gain valuable information and feedback from Atlanta Tech Village’s mentors and advisors on a weekly basis.
Exposure – Give you the opportunity to advance your company by tapping into Atlanta Tech Village’s extensive network.
Validation – Help you find product market fit through a series of Lesson Labs led by startup experts.
Meet with Advisors (Weekly)
Founders will meet with respective advisors Fridays between 10am – 12pm in the Community Center to gain guidance in one of the following areas: Marketing, Finance, Legal, Product Development, Sales, and Funding.
Pitch Practice (Weekly)
Founders will practice their pitches at Pitch Practice on Fridays from 1pm – 2pm in the Speakeasy Board Room to perfect their 30-second, 3 minute, or 5+ minute investor pitch.
Standup Meetings (Bi-Weekly)
Founders will meet with Diversity Ambassador, Justin McLeod, every other week to discuss their overall experience at Atlanta Tech Village along with their current challenges.
Startup Chowdown (Monthly)
On the last Friday of the Month, Founders will gather together to enjoy a meal at Startup Chowdown with fellow innovators, entrepreneurs, and other cool people doing cool things!
Lesson Labs (Monthly)
Lesson Labs are monthly roundtables centered around in depth topics relating to growing a sustainable business with mentors. Workshops will cover the following topics: Customer Discovery, Minimum Viable Product, Business Model Canvas, Building A Team, Raising Capital, Gaining Customer, Company Structure, and Go-To-Market Strategy.
Graduation Party 🎉
In conclusion of the program, we will celebrate participating founders who have successfully graduated from the program with pitches in front Atlanta’s startup ecosystem while giving startups the opportunity to demo their products.
Founders will get 3 minutes to pitch and a designated table for attendees to mix and mingle with potential customers, investors, and tech influencers in the southeast.
Founders are required to be present and active for the following:
- Meet with Advisors every Friday at 10am in the Community Center
- Attend Pitch Practice twice a month on Fridays at 1pm in the Pitch Practice Boardroom
- Attend the Mandatory Welcoming Tour on Friday, August 3rd
- Attend Standup Meetings Bi-Weekly
- Must attend every Lesson Lab
To be eligible for this program please see below:
- – Woman or Person of Color
– Have a functional product: MVP, beta or launched (Past idea stage)
– Raised less than $150K
– Technology focused company with proprietary software
– Work from the Village a minimum of 2 Days a week
– No A$$holes, kind and supportive people only
- – Community of like-minded entrepreneurs
– Complimentary Hot Desk membership for 6-Months
– Mentorship and Advisement from seasoned business professionals
– Lesson Labs: Rich curriculum centered around in depth topics relating to growing a sustainable business
– In-Depth Customer Discovery Curriculum
– Amenities: Events, fitness gym, Free weekly lunches, 24/7 Access to the building
|Offers Made||Feb. 15th||
|Welcoming Kickoff||March 1st||