Startups are hard. We see that first hand every day which is why our community encourages a work life blend and why we have a core value of Work Hard, Play Hard. So sometimes we like to remind our Village entrepreneurs just how awesome they are, how innovative and brave. We like to thank them for taking the plunge into being an entrepreneur. We like to thank them for choosing the Village. And just to show we mean it, we throw them a party. That’s just how we roll.
So here is a sneak peak at some of the fun we had at our 2nd Annual Members Only Rooftop Block Party. It was pretty epic with Village swag, free drinks, food, photo booth, and DJ. And what’s a good rooftop party without a Top Ten list? You may have to be a Villager to really enjoy some of these, but here are the Top Ten Most Awkward Village moments. We hope you have a chuckle or three.
- That awkward moment when someone asks what your startup does and you have no idea how to respond.
- That awkward moment when you walk up to a door and push when you should pull.
- That awkward moment when you walk into the bathroom and someone is on the phone doing business… WHILE they are doing their business.
- That awkward moment when your office is hot, then cold, then hot, then cold. (we are working on that!)
- That awkward moment when someone face plants into a glass wall.
- That awkward moment when you realize you have worn a startup t-shirt every day this week.
- That awkward moment when you sneak away after pumping the last bit of coffee.
- That awkward moment when you pour a cold beer, and then realize it’s only 10am.
- That awkward moment when one person walks out of the nap room, and then another…. and another.
- That awkward moment when you are at the Village block party and everyone WHIPS while you nae-nae.
So cheers to our community and all your future successes! Thanks for a good night.