Help Community Bucket celebrate 9 years of Service Made Social in Atlanta with a rooftop movie night and fundraiser party!
Community Bucket has made it 9 years, and that calls for a celebration!
When Community Bucket hosted their very first event in August 2012, we didn’t know where they’d be now… but fast forward 9 years and they couldn’t be happier about what this community has accomplished.
Community Bucket is a nonprofit dedicated to building local community through social volunteering. Connect with like-minded neighbors who share a passion for giving back and having fun. The Village has been paying it forward alongside them for years and we always have a blast doing it!
311 Events | 7,400 Volunteers | 20,000+ Hours | 10 marriages formed & countless smiles, parties and good times shared
Mark your calendars for 8/19! Come join us for a special movie screening experience on the rooftop lounge at Atlanta Tech Village. We’ll celebrate community, mingle together and re-live some 90s memories by watching The Sandlot under the stars. And for those of you with that volunteering bug in you, we’ll also gather on Saturday morning, 8/21, for some service projects around the city.
This will be a fundraiser for our organization to help us cover upcoming programming costs in our 10th year of Service Made Social.
What can you expect from the party?
- Specially crafted moonshine cocktails & mocktails
- Full “snack bar” with movie theater treats (minus those gross hot dogs and artificial nachos)
- Fresh-popped popcorn with mix-ins
- Rooftop screening of The Sandlot when the sun goes down (around 8:30pm)
- Raffle prizes and a few other giveaways
Tickets are give-what-you-can. We suggest a $35/person donation for this awesome rooftop movie experience, but we’d like everyone to attend regardless of your ability to donate. All funds collected will go towards bringing more events and driving more local impact to our city.
Saturday Morning Projects
We can’t forget the good deeds! After the movie party, we hope you’ll join us for some service to round out the celebration. When you register, you can choose to sign up for the following projects on Saturday, August 21st.
- Atlanta Toolbank (9am-12pm) Help Atlanta’s biggest supplier of tools for the community, with a variety of projects inside their Grant Park warehouse
- Good Samaritan Farm (9am-12pm) Tend to the fruits and veggies grown for the residents of the Westside, helping to alleviate issues of poverty and poor healthcare access in our city
- Lindsay Street Park (9am-12pm) Help cleanup a neighborhood park to keep it looking good and providing a place of safety and recreation to residents of the English Avenue neighborhood
- PAWS Atlanta (10am-12pm) For the animal lovers! Help with some light cleanup and landscaping around the grounds, as well as taking the dogs on walks to help socialize them as they await their new forever homes! This no-kill animal shelter is located in Decatur, about 25 minutes from Downtown.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, Community Bucket cannot fulfill our mission without the financial support of the community and fans. They are so grateful for your donations that keep them sustained since day 1. For more information, visit www.communitybucket.com