It’s about to be a new year, and Atlanta Tech Village is officially turning 7 years old. What a year it was for the Village! We continue to see amazing growth in Atlanta and in our community. As we focus on the new year ahead, let’s take a quick nostalgic look back at our favorite numbers of 2019 from the impressive to the ridiculous.
- $900M+ capital has been raised by Village startups
- 7,200 jobs have been created through Village startups
- 5,539 people have called the Village home
- 42 Village startups achieved 6 Figures in Funding or ARR
- 25 Village startups achieved 7 Figures in Funding or ARR
- 1,611 badass ladies attended our Women + Tech workshops and meetups
- 5 books read with 61 ladies at our Women + Tech book club
- 37 workshops were hosted
- 40 Founders have gone through our Pre-Accelerator
- 298 entrepreneurs were served in our Startup Summer School
- 700+ hours of time were given by Advisors to entrepreneurs
- 52 blogs were written
- 781 Tweets were sent
- 80 Meetups were hosted
- 26 ping pong paddles were used and abused
- 3456 cups of chicken noodle soup were consumed
- 3,600 people attended Atlanta Startup Village where 2,300 beers were poured.
- 10,176 lunches were served at Startup Chowdown
- 703 events were hosted
- 140 startups moved offices
- 82 new companies called the Village home this year
- 780 lbs of coffee were consumed
- 370 Coca-Cola freestyle cartridges were used
- 41 schools were hosted for tours
- 73 desk were assembled
- 96 kegs were floated
- 30 sponsors partnered with the Village
- 227 support tickets were answered
- 1 coffee shop opened – Kula Coffee Co.
- 5 baristas/cooks hired
- 1500 lattes and over 500 egg sandwiches were sold in Kula’s first two months.
It was an awesome year at Atlanta Tech Village. To all those who were a part of our community in any way – thank you.
We are looking forward to 2020 and all the promise it holds for the startup community of our great city. Keep dreaming big, friends!